Monday, September 17, 2012

Brooklyn is My Therapy

Life is busy as a business owner - entrepreneur - whatever you choose to call it. Either way, life is work from  the moment you wake up to the moment you finally let your eyes rest and close. Lately, it has been just that and today, I decided to take a partial day off to clean up and to catch up on some things.

Normally, when I wake up in the mornings, I let Brooklyn outside and she can "handle her business" as she likes. Then when I come home in the evenings, she mad dashes to me with tail swirling in a million different directions. She can't control herself - just excited to see mama! It's really because she probably thinks she's taken five naps through the day and that she hasn't seen me in a week! LOL

Well, today, it's a chill day and Brooklyn has been by my side like glue, but not the wildly excited Brooklyn, but the calm (as her disposition is) BFF that you can rely on no matter what. She is therapy. She is love. She is everything. She is my heart.

Today, we've been watching the pre-game show for Monday Night Football - Go Peyton! We made breakfast of oatmeal and bananas and strawberries with a side of kiwi. We organized the tupperware shelf and finally matched lids with containers. That was a long overdue project and we got it done! We made lunch together - marinated chicken on a Orowheat thin bun. That thin bun was a great discovery at Costco! Less carbs, low-calorie and holds your sandwich together properly. She meanwhile got me to give her a few slices of turkey from the fridge. We diced up her chicken breast meat that was grilled and gets added to her dry kibbles.

AND - lastly, our latest project which she has exuded ultimate patience for is the making of baked cinnamon apple chips! Her nose has been sniffing for the past few hours! They are finally on the cooling rack and it's pretty exciting to everyone!

While I'm still handling some work on my netbook, Brooklyn comes and rests her head on my lap (I'm sitting on a barstool) and I pet her head. While it may often seem like she's the one asking for love, she is...but she's giving me love and joy. Her eyes, her smile...she lights up my life and my world. I'm the luckiest mama ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment